I hope you all are doing good! So,today I am really excited to share a product review with you guys. I was actually searching for the review of a particular product on internet, before buying it, but I failed to find one.That’s when I realized that I should definitely do a review for this .As you guys have already read the title so no need for a suspense 😛 .Today I will be sharing my experience about a natural product from an amazing brand which is 100% natural and free from harmful chemicals and preservatives. The product is Cold Pressed Rosehip Oil from the brand JUICY CHEMISTRY. I bought it online from Nykaa.
Before I start the review I would like to share some important and wonderful benefits of Rosehip oil ( Rosa canina).
- Rose hip is loaded with Vit-C. Vit-C helps in collagen boosting, skin brightening, and also helps maintaining an even skin tone,i.e, helps fighting pigmentation.
- It also has high levels of Trans-Retinoic Acid which converts into Vit-A and helps in natural healing process of the skin.
- It also contain Vit-E in it which is anti-Inflammatory & anti-oxidant.
- Apart from Vit- A, Vit-C & Vit- E it has essential fatty acids omega 3, 6 and 9 – which help repair and regenerate damaged skin tissue.
- It is natural source of the powerful antioxidants lycopene, which helps improve skin texture and offer protection against premature ageing.
- It has beta-carotene, which helps prevent free-radical damage responsible for skin ageing.
- It is good for all skin types.
Now as you all know the benefits of this oil . Let’s begin with the review.
Price: Rs.550 for 30 ml
The product says: Rosehip oil (Rosa canina) is a sweet-smelling oil derived from the seeds of rose bushes. It has a high concentration of essential fatty acids which are beneficial to the skin. It has a high content of Vitamin C, and is an effective antioxidant which helps reduce the appearance of scarring, hyper-pigmentation, and skin damage.
- Cold Pressed Rosehip oil with essential fatty acids
- Helps reduce the appearance of scarring, hyper-pigmentation and skin damage
- 100% Natural ingredients
- Free from animal testing, fragrance oils and harmful chemicals
Direction to use: Massage gently all over the body, hair & allow the oil to soak in for 30 mins.
Disclaimer: Not for internal use. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. Store in cool and dry place. Discontinue if irritation occurs.
Packaging: The oil comes in a small amber glass bottle which easily fits into the palm. The size of the bottle is around 10 cm. It has a red brand sticker on it which reads the name of the product and the brand. It has a glass dropper and a aluminium like metal screw cap with a rubber bulb to squeeze the oil. The bottle is not travel friendly and since it is a glass bottle which can easily break so you have to handle it with care.
Ingredients: It says its Cold Pressed Rose hip oil (Carrier oil).
- No chemicals or preservatives mentioned.
Shelf Life: Best before six months after opening .
Texture and Fragrance: The oil is not very oily or greasy as compared to other carrier oil. This oil is very lightweight which means does not feel thick when applied to the skin. It has got a mild nutty fragrance but does not linger for longer time. Some may not like the fragrance but I have no issue with it. The color is orangish-yellow (may look little different in camera due to lighting). .
My Experience with the product: The product comes in amber glass bottle and it remains safe from sunlight. This is a plus point. I have a sensitive nose issue but the smell didn’t bother me much.The dropper allows only required product to come out and I use only four drops which is enough for whole face.
I have a normal to dry skin which easily gets dehydrated and dull during winter season. I also have some acne marks on my cheeks. I was really skeptical about trying this when I read carrier oil on the bottle and thought it would be thick but to my surprise I fell in love with it the moment I applied it on my skin. I was like Oh-My- God! The texture is so light weight and non greasy . I have used this oil during winter months after washing my face in the morning and believe me guys, my skin remained moisturised for 6-7 hours! This became my ultimate dry-skin rescue. My mom has oily skin and she also loves it. Now I have been using this oil since the month of January and I have seen difference in the appearance of my skin. I have used this in my DIY under eye cream 😀 and yes I loved the way it has helped to reduce those dark circles. I also use it with aloevera gel and my acne marks are reduced to some extent. You can use this oil as a face oil before going to sleep. It will moisturize and will also reduce fine lines, dark under eye circles and acne marks. But since it is a natural product it takes time to act and different people have different skin type so each person’s opinion may differ. One thing which I really like about this oil apart from the benefits which I have got from it is that It’s safe and great for all skin types. But I feel that the quantity could be more. For me 30 ml is very less 😦 Have used the product for hair but didn’t feel much difference.
Anyways, It’s a wonderful product from juicy chemistry.If you want to know about juicy chemistry please visit this site —-> Juicy Chemistry
- Lightweight and non- greasy
- Contains loads of beneficial vitamins and other ingredients
- Skin remains moisturised for a good 6-7 hours
- Good for all skin types
- Improved the appearance of the skin, reduced dark circles and acne marks.
- Mild smell.
- No preservative or harmful chemicals.
- Amber glass bottle is a plus point.
- Has glass dropper which helps to take minimum amount of oil.
- Got no irritation or allergy. Safe to use on skin.
- Can be used as face oil at night or as under eye treatment.
- Fragrance may be cons for some people
- Not travel friendly
- I wish the quantity was more.
- Didn’t feel much difference on hair
P.S: The review is totally based on my personal experience 🙂 You have to experiment to know how it works for you and since it’s a natural product it will take time to show results.So you have to be constant with your skin care routine 🙂
Will I purchase this again? —-> YES!
Rating : 4.5/5
If you guys found this helpful or want to share your experience regarding this product Please feel free to comment.